It is my pleasure to share with you the new WHO Framework on integrated people-centred health services website (http://www.who.int/servicedeliverysafety/areas/people-centred-care/en/), housed within the Service Delivery and Safety department at WHO headquarters.
Why are we excited about the launch of this site?
At the Sixty-ninth World Health Assembly Member States officially adopted the Framework on integrated people-centred health services (IPCHS) and its supporting resolution, formally giving the WHO Secretariat the mandate to work across the organization to support the implementation, national adaptation and operationalization of the Framework. The new website aims to be a steward for the Framework – serving as an important medium for accessing information on the Framework, for sharing technical products and resources, and for communicating key news, events and activities taking place worldwide.
Three sections to visit:
- About the Framework – Development of the Framework, alignment with other WHO strategies, benefits of IPCHS
- Implementation of the Framework – Strategies, policy options, interventions, and a “Call for Action on IPCHS” (*expected release date: December 2016)
- IntegratedCare4People platform – A global network that invites practitioners and organizations to access and share operational and technical insights on how to transform health services to be more integrated and people-centred
Are you or your colleagues transforming, or supporting the transformation of, health services to support the Framework on IPCHS? If so, we invite you to share your practices, reports, tools, and publications, as well as important news and activities on the IntegratedCare4People platform. For further discussion and collaboration on knowledge management and communications activities, please contact Stephanie Ngo email@example.com.
Link to our website
We encourage you to link to our websites and support our dissemination efforts by sharing important and relevant news on your communications channels. (*Please note that the WHO IPCHS website is the official who.int website for the Framework, while the IntegratedCare4People platform is an online community that invites practitioners and organizations to access and share operational and technical insights on how to transform health services to be more integrated and people-centred.)
- WHO IPCHS Website: http://www.who.int/servicedeliverysafety/areas/people-centred-care/en/
- IntegratedCare4People platform: http://integratedcare4people.org/ (*Mobile version now available!)
Thank for your continued support on this important and exciting area of work. We look forward to continuing our collaborations with you in the months ahead.
With warm regards,
- Dr Hernan Montenegro
- Services Organization and Clinical Interventions Unit
- Service Delivery and Safety Department
- World Health Organization
- Avenue Appia 20
- CH-1211 Geneva 27 – Switzerland
- +41 22 791 14 65 (Phone)
- +41 22 791 41 74 (FAX)