A total of 210 AfroPHC members, with 164 attending on Zoom in a maximum concurrent attendance of 116, out of a registered total of 437 AfroPHC members on EngageBay voted the following nine-member AfroPHC Executive Board into place. This was after an extensive vetting of candidates at the Launch AGM.
Executive Board Members
- Abdellah Almoghirah (46, Male, Community Medicine Specialist, Sudan)
- Aja Godwin (57, Male, Professor/Chair of Public Health / TUFH Board, Nigeria – TUFH Rep)
- Ana Joseph (65+, Male, Professor / Africa Centre for Clinical Governance Research & Patient Safety, Nigeria)
- Besigye Innocent (50+, Male, Family Physician, Uganda – Primafamed Rep)
- Chaibva Cynthia (60+, Female, PhD Nurse-Midwife, Zimbabwe)
- Karnad Radha (40+, Female, Senior Technical Advisor for Primary Health Care and Doctor, Kenya/ USA – Jhpiego Rep)
- Moosa Shabir (58, Male, Prof/Wonca Africa President, South Africa – WONCA Africa Rep)
- Nwabufo Francoise (40+, Female, Public health, President Family Health & Development Foundation, Cameroon)
- Sibanda Bongi (41, Female, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Zimbabwe/UK)
The new Executive Board is scheduled to meet 2-5pm on Friday 7th May to get a full briefing of AfroPHC activities and to take the organisation forward.