A meeting was held on 18th February for AfroPHC members of Western Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, Niger, Guinea, Benin, Burundi, Togo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Mauritania, Gambia, Cote d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal. The presentation is below.
The resolutions broadly were to build AfroPHC membership and build AfroPHC Regional/Country Chapters using the following approaches
- Strengthen SoMe marketing
- Using world health days – ECT to plan
- Mobilise NGO’s working locally
- Recruit UG/PG student associations
- Recruit professional organisations / associations
- Develop academic network with PHC Clinical Course
- Build a network of members in country
- Identify key org / focal persons in PHC
- Mobilise all groups to contextualise unique regional issues
- Building AfroPHC as forum to advocate for PHC
- Builds link to govt starting with WCR à Nat Govt/Local Govt
A team has been formed and is working in a WhatsApp group to take the process forward. A wider WhatsApp group will be formed shortly.
We had a policy document consultation 1-3pm GMT Friday 9th September to meet with as many colleagues from Nigeria, Ghana, Niger, Guinea, Benin, Burundi, Togo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Mauritania, Gambia, Cote d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal [with English-French translators]. The consultation was facilitated by Joseph Ana and Umar Ibrahim. See recording below
Join the AfroPHC Western Africa WhatsApp group and engage in discussions / consultations. https://chat.whatsapp.com/DvJvzMzonXr7E0Zt7ED8Wa