AfroPHC has been making several attempts to support networking amongst members/leaders of the PHC team in Africa.
There was a series of webinars introducing the various organisations supporting AfroPHC from Mar to May 2019. These webinars introduced the range of health professionals involved in Primary Health Care in Africa.
- 18th Feb – Nursing: ICN, AAAPN, Midwifery, Nursing Now
- 17th Mar – Doctors/Clinical Officers: WONCA, ANAC (Associate Clinicians)
- 21st April – Public Health/CHWs: AMREF, TUFH
- 19th May – Educators/Team: AFREHealth, AfriPEN, Primafamed
AfroPHC then had a three-day Workshop 8-9 September 2020 to get members of the PHC team engaged in collectively developing key ideas about PHC in Africa.
- “What does the community expect from ambulatory PHC service delivery in Africa?”
- “Who should be part of the PHC team”
- “How should the PHC team work in ambulatory PHC service delivery in Africa
- “What is needed to support them?”
An AfroPHC Statement emerged from the workshop.
AfroPHC is supporting member organisations in the development of their disciplines. One of them is the Advanced Nurse Practitioner. There was an APN Symposium on 27th and 28th November 2020.
We are planning a series of AfroPHC Policy Workshops 1-4 pm Central African Time on the third Tuesday of every month. See more about the series here.