AfroPHC has been making several attempts to support networking amongst members/leaders of the PHC team in Africa.
There was a series of webinars introducing the various organisations supporting AfroPHC from Mar to May 2020. These webinars introduced the range of health professionals involved in Primary Health Care in Africa.
- 18th Feb – Nursing: ICN, AAAPN, Midwifery, Nursing Now
- 17th Mar – Doctors/Clinical Officers: WONCA, ANAC (Associate Clinicians)
- 21st April – Public Health/CHWs: AMREF, TUFH
- 19th May – Educators/Team: AFREHealth, AfriPEN, Primafamed
AfroPHC then had a three-day Workshop 8-9 September 2020 to get members of the PHC team engaged in collectively developing key ideas about PHC in Africa.
- “What does the community expect from ambulatory PHC service delivery in Africa?”
- “Who should be part of the PHC team”
- “How should the PHC team work in ambulatory PHC service delivery in Africa
- “What is needed to support them?”
An AfroPHC Statement emerged from the workshop.
AfroPHC is supporting member organisations in the development of their disciplines. One of them is the Advanced Nurse Practitioner. There was an APN Symposium on 27th and 28th November 2020.
A PHC in UHC Workshop happened on 10th December 2020 and a PHC in UHC Workshop report emerged from this workshop.
We have a series of AfroPHC Policy Workshops 1-4 pm Central African Time on the third Tuesday of every month from 2021 to help build a shared perspective amongst PHC team members across Africa. All workshops are in the format of a moderated discussion with panellists and then group discussion and feedback.
- 16th March 2021: PHC HR Management
- 20th April 2021: AfroPHC Launch AGM
- 18th May 2021: Development of PHC Clinicians in Africa
- 15th June 2021: Supporting CHWs and Health Promotion in PHC
- 27th July 2021: PHC funding / payment reforms in Africa
- 17th August 2021: Exploring complexities in PHC/UHC
- 18th August 2021: PHC Teamwork (IPCEP)
- 21st September 2021: Quality-safety for PHC/UHC
- 19th October 2021: Rural PHC in Africa
- 16th November 2021: Digital health for PHC/UHC
- 18th January 2022: Models of Team Practice
- 15th February 2022: Rehab in PHC
- 15th March 2022: Pharmacists in PHC
- 19th April 2022: Oral Health in African PHC
- 21st June 2022: Labs/POCT in African PHC
- 19th July 2022: One Health and African PHC
- 16th August 2022: Workers Health in African PHC
- 20th September 2022: Women in African PHC
- 18th October 2022: Health Equity in African PHC
Join the series and help us shape how AfroPHC, as the African collaborative of PHC frontline stakeholders, can advocate for appropriate PHC and UHC in Africa. These workshops will be accredited for continuing medical education (CME)/continuing professional development (CPD) across many African countries. There will also be English/French/Portuguese translators available. Join AfroPHC to get involved.