AfroPHC is setting up a Primary Health Care (PHC) Systems Research Group as a transdisciplinary group addressing African PHC System issues. Prof Shabir Moosa and Prof Catherine Burns will be co-chairs, with support from Dr Joel Francis and Dr Christine Njuguna in the Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care at the University of Witwatersrand, where this initiative will be housed. We plan to meet 1-3 pm on the 1st Tuesday of every month. The objectives of the group are:
- To develop an understanding of key documents affecting PHC systems
- To share relevant published research on PHC systems in Africa
- To share and review research work in progress on PHC systems in Africa
- To mentor master’s researchers
- To network and collaborative research projects.
The monthly two-hour meeting will mainly review key PHC systems documents, share African PHC System published by group members and present / review research work in progress on PHC systems in Africa. The first meeting is on 4th May 2021. Register here to join us.